Alleya Weibel: Hey WPGU listeners, this is Alleya Weibel, music director and staff writer for the station. Here on the phone I have Andrew McMahon of Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness. You may know him from his previous projects Something Corporate and Jack’s Mannequin. He’ll be coming through Bloomington, Illinois tonight at The Castle Theater. […]
About Alleya Weibel
(Music Director) I’m a violin performance major, and when not studying music you can find me at shows, playing with bands, hanging out with my dog, or eating pizza. I listen to music and write things!
Florence + The Machine has finally released their much anticipated third studio album, How Big How Blue How Beautiful, which was announced in late 2014. If you are new to the Flo game, then this may not be the place to start. That being said, this album is a step away from its two predecessors. […]
A long awaited release since Codes and Keys in 2011, Death Cab For Cutie has finally released their eighth album Kintsugi. Sad-sap singer-songwriter Ben Gibbard has always been known for his melancholic coming-of-age lyrics, sound tracking the life of young teenage lovers and rebels alike, but alas everyone has to grow up sometime. Kintsugi tells […]
Promised Land Sound Nashville natives made their way to Champaign for the first time this past Wednesday as part of the Alabama Shakes tour. The band began playing as excited Alabama Shakes fans began to file into the historic Virginia Theater, and it seemed that this opening act expected an unenthused audience. They opened with […]
Yesterday, Imagine Dragons released their sophomore studio album Smoke + Mirrors. For those of you that live under a rock and may not know Imagine Dragons, the Las Vegas based rock group released their debut album Night Visions in 2012 and took the charts by storm with hit tracks “Radioactive”, “Demons” and “It’s Time”. They’re […]
Often a band is faced with the problem of having to adjust their sound or writing to stay relevant in the industry, but sometimes this works out to be a good thing. The band may find that due to this process of change and adaptation they have created something new and worthwhile. In The Decemberists […]
- Tame Impala- Currents (Review) July 23, 2015
- Wilco- Star Wars (Review) July 20, 2015
- WPGU at Ruido Fest July 15, 2015
- Monday Mixer June 15, 2015
- Remember Whensday- The Father of Soul June 10, 2015
- get smart: This song is always at my playlist before I sleep ...
- Nickolas F. Cummings: The band's 1997 and 1998 tour featured only a few...
- Lollapalooza 2013 – Day 3 | Boswell writes: [...] The original article can be found here. [......
- Lollapalooza 2013 – Day 2 | Boswell writes: [...] The original article can be found here. [......
- Lollapalooza 2013 – Day 1 | Boswell writes: [...] The original post can be found here. [...]...