1. Lightning Bolt by Jake Bugg Jake Bugg. Heard of him? Maybe not, but he is the newest sensation sweeping the music scene in the UK. Entirely too talented for his 18 year-old self, Bugg was undoubtedly brought up on Dylan, Johnny Cash and The Beatles. Each track he’s released so far encapsulates that twangy [...]
About Lise Graham
Lise Graham knows that her name is misspelled, thank you very much, but would like to remind you that it is the French spelling, so if you have an issue with that, kindly take it up with them. She likes Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.
Alright, all you festival-lovers: it’s been a big week for Lollapalooza. Incredibly, the festival sold out all of its three-day passes in less than four hours–without even having released their line-up. At this point, people are assuming it’s going to be good. After I bought my non-refundable ticket, I was thinking to myself, “Wow, they [...]
Following in the wake of their majorly successful single, Trojans (2011), and EP Through the Glass (2011), Atlas Genius finally adds a full album to their repertoire with When It Was Now. Made up of three brothers—Keith, Michael and Steven Jeffery (on vocals and guitar, drums and bass respectively)—and keyboardist Darren Sell, this South Australian [...]
I’m going to start out this review with a disclaimer: Daughter of Cloud is a collection of seventeen rarities and un-released b-tracks from the last 6 years. For a band as psychedelic and uncanny as of Montreal, lost tracks like these are bound to be especially different. I guess what I’m trying [...]
Grizzly Bear has done it again. After a three year hiatus following 2009’s Veckatimest, Shields, their fourth studio album yet and arguably their most cohesive. For the first time, all of the tracks were written by both members Rossen and Droste together, and this Lennon/McCartney relationship is undoubtedly responsible for the tangible flow from song to song [...]
“I saw old Autumn in the misty morn stand shadowless like silence, listening to silence.” -Thomas Hood Yes, the changing, falling leaves and the revival of the Pumpkin Spice Latte say it all—Autumn is upon us. But come on, Thomas Hood, we don’t need to listen to silence! How boring is that? Here’s a [...]
- DJ Blog: This Day In Music History – R.E.M. November 17, 2011
- WPGU Presents: The Great Cover Up :Day 1: January 15, 2012
- Joe Pug pierces the soul in “The Great Despiser” May 4, 2012
- Alternative Election Day November 6, 2012
- Childish Gambino’s Camp November 10, 2011
- Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City (Review) May 14, 2013
- Foxygen – No Destruction (Video) May 10, 2013
- WPGU’s Summer Playlist May 10, 2013
- The National – Sea Of Love (Video) May 8, 2013
- Smith Westerns – Varisty (Video) May 8, 2013
- David Christians: "the same National that we have come to know and ...
- Townie: Yes, Yes, Yes wasn't their first effort... rememb...
- Carte R4 3DS: I am so grateful for your post.Thanks Again....
- Linda Richardson: You Rock Joe!...
- Recap: The Great Cover Up 2013 - Pizza.fm: [...] **Note: This recap only covers Days 2-4. If ...