Cults on the Red Stage Atlas Sound [Green Stage - 2:30] – Atlas Sound is the solo project of Deerhunter’s lead singer, Bradford Cox. Cox had the audience captivated from his white face paint (still unsure of the purpose of that. Does anyone out there know?) to his crazy computer-based instrumental synth. Lyrically, Atlas Sound is generally [...]
Pitchfork Music Festival will be running July 13th through 15th in Chicago, and whether you’re lucky enough to be there or not, WPGU 107.1 is excited to bring you coverage of the highlights. However, a month before the festival we’re already getting excited thinking about the great acts that will be there, and have made this playlist [...]
Coming up this Sunday is Father’s Day, so I put together a little mixtape for my father. However, the normal length playlist seemed insufficient, so I decided to make him a double LP, following in the footsteps of one of our mutual favorite albums, the Beatles’ white album. Each side has a different character to [...]
20. Real Estate (Days) Real Estate’s second album ever is certainly no sophomore slump. If anything, they improved off of their self-titled premier. The vocals are light and the guitar seems to put the listener into a pleasant trance. “Green Aisles” is one of the best tracks of the year, as it seems to [...]
Textures give songs dimensionality, and Atlas Sound, solo-project of Deerhunter frontman Bradford Cox, gives the listener an aural experience through rich textures on the his third album Parallax. The lo-fi tunes on this album are a simple joy from start to finish and excite as they unfold. Released by record label 4AD, this album is [...]
Deerhunter’s frontman Bradford Cox’s solo side project Atlas Sound has a new album coming out next week. Luckily for you Atlas Sound fans you can listen to it now here (via NYT Blog). There is a nice short review of the album there too in case you don’t know what to expect. Parallax is out [...]
- DJ Blog: This Day In Music History – R.E.M. November 17, 2011
- WPGU Presents: The Great Cover Up :Day 1: January 15, 2012
- Joe Pug pierces the soul in “The Great Despiser” May 4, 2012
- Alternative Election Day November 6, 2012
- Childish Gambino’s Camp November 10, 2011
- She & Him – “I Could’ve Been Your Girl” (Video) May 21, 2013
- Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City (Review) May 14, 2013
- Foxygen – No Destruction (Video) May 10, 2013
- WPGU’s Summer Playlist May 10, 2013
- The National – Sea Of Love (Video) May 8, 2013
- David Christians: "the same National that we have come to know and ...
- Townie: Yes, Yes, Yes wasn't their first effort... rememb...
- Carte R4 3DS: I am so grateful for your post.Thanks Again....
- Linda Richardson: You Rock Joe!...
- Recap: The Great Cover Up 2013 - Pizza.fm: [...] **Note: This recap only covers Days 2-4. If ...