Written by Eric Holmes Yo La Tengo might be the most pleasant band I’ve ever listened to. Throughout their 27 years of releasing music, Yo La Tengo has sounded consistently calm, cool and collected on every effort. Even through their constant style shifts, from eclectic genre mixing to improvised movie scores to extended jams, [...]
Coming up this Sunday is Father’s Day, so I put together a little mixtape for my father. However, the normal length playlist seemed insufficient, so I decided to make him a double LP, following in the footsteps of one of our mutual favorite albums, the Beatles’ white album. Each side has a different character to [...]
- DJ Blog: This Day In Music History – R.E.M. November 17, 2011
- WPGU Presents: The Great Cover Up :Day 1: January 15, 2012
- Joe Pug pierces the soul in “The Great Despiser” May 4, 2012
- Alternative Election Day November 6, 2012
- Childish Gambino’s Camp November 10, 2011
- She & Him – “I Could’ve Been Your Girl” (Video) May 21, 2013
- Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City (Review) May 14, 2013
- Foxygen – No Destruction (Video) May 10, 2013
- WPGU’s Summer Playlist May 10, 2013
- The National – Sea Of Love (Video) May 8, 2013
- David Christians: "the same National that we have come to know and ...
- Townie: Yes, Yes, Yes wasn't their first effort... rememb...
- Carte R4 3DS: I am so grateful for your post.Thanks Again....
- Linda Richardson: You Rock Joe!...
- Recap: The Great Cover Up 2013 - Pizza.fm: [...] **Note: This recap only covers Days 2-4. If ...