5) “We Gonna Make It” sang specifically by my late pastor, Elder McAfee, in his Southern accent. This one’s a classic: you can get through any test, final or rough day if you just hum this song.
4) “Straightjacket Feeling” by All-American Rejects. Between the harmony of the band’s instruments and their mesmerizing voices, this song never gets old. Plus, how original is that title? Kudos to AAR.
3) “Hypnotize” by Notorious B.I.G. You know I had to throw this one in for old time’s sake. It’s the ultimate party song; it gets everybody moving (even the wallflowers who pretend like they don’t get down).
2. “Live in the Sky” by T.I. featuring Jamie Foxx. It’s got some vulgar lyrics midway through the song, but the ultimate message is that all the crap you go through every day won’t last forever.
1) “Tell Him” by Lauryn Hill. This song is the epitome of a love song. Instead of saying love stinks, like other, more whiny love songs, this song depicts love as an eternal, encouraging and well-worth your time experience – even if you have to make some sacrifices along the way.