David and Elena catch up with the Dirty Feathers before their appearance at Pygmalion Music Festival. They joke about the WPGU 107.1 employee of the month award, life lessons they’ve learned, a possible combination of extreme sports and music, how their band formed, and their success on bandcamp.com.
The Dirty Feathers dish about their personal favorite albums, collaborating with Kayla Brown and other local musicians, talk about Shrek 2, Ted gets upset at the mention of Madonna, AND a Santah member drops by. Check out all the madness!
They may not be covered in rhinestones and wearing eyeliner like at The Great Cover Up (although there’s no telling), but the Dirty Feathers are gracing Champaign with their music once again. Saturday, February 11th at 8 P.M. at Cowboy Monkey. Chicago garage rockers (and siblings), White Mystery, are accompanying the Feathers. Described as “fraggle [...]
- DJ Blog: This Day In Music History – R.E.M. November 17, 2011
- WPGU Presents: The Great Cover Up :Day 1: January 15, 2012
- Joe Pug pierces the soul in “The Great Despiser” May 4, 2012
- Alternative Election Day November 6, 2012
- Childish Gambino’s Camp November 10, 2011
- Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City (Review) May 14, 2013
- Foxygen – No Destruction (Video) May 10, 2013
- WPGU’s Summer Playlist May 10, 2013
- The National – Sea Of Love (Video) May 8, 2013
- Smith Westerns – Varisty (Video) May 8, 2013
- David Christians: "the same National that we have come to know and ...
- Townie: Yes, Yes, Yes wasn't their first effort... rememb...
- Carte R4 3DS: I am so grateful for your post.Thanks Again....
- Linda Richardson: You Rock Joe!...
- Recap: The Great Cover Up 2013 - Pizza.fm: [...] **Note: This recap only covers Days 2-4. If ...