Junip’s sophomore, self-titled album is every adjective that you have come to expect from a Jose Gonzalez project: relaxing, laid-back, peaceful, quiet. While this is far from a bad thing, Junip never seems to be able to rise above these descriptors and become more than easy to listen to background music. That being said, [...]
April 3, 2013
March 27, 2013
February 25, 2013
February 18, 2013
February 18, 2013
February 4, 2013
With finals approaching far faster than any of us would like to admit, we all need a good study playlist. We all have different habits when choosing study tunes, so I’m going to try and address all that, and maybe even some academic topics. “The Wolves (Act 1&2)” – Bon Iver Sometimes, I just need [...]
What’s better than Vampire Weekend playing a full concert with a ton of unreleased material? Nothing. Not a single thing on this world is better. Last week, we posted about how Vampire Weekend was coming together with Steve Buscemi to put on a live concert for American Express in New York City. Leading up to the show, [...]
Thom Yorke may be the best musician of all time. I know I have an English bias, but this man fails at nothing he does. Radiohead is legendary, and that goes without saying, but Yorke’s solo work and collaborative work with Atoms For Peace has been one of the most pleasant music experiences of this year. Atoms [...]
It’s not very often that a band can burst into the American popular consciousness with their fourth studio album, but Phoenix is an exception to this theory. While previously popular in Europe, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, the band’s fourth album, gave them almost instant success and airplay in the United States. Hits like “Listomania” and “1901″ [...]
The build up to The Great Gatsby in theaters is perhaps one of the most anxious feelings I’ve felt in a long time. In order to tide you over, The xx came through once again with an excellent single off of the soundtrack. The track, which features an emphatic string section, is one of the strongest I’ve [...]
- DJ Blog: This Day In Music History – R.E.M. November 17, 2011
- WPGU Presents: The Great Cover Up :Day 1: January 15, 2012
- Joe Pug pierces the soul in “The Great Despiser” May 4, 2012
- Alternative Election Day November 6, 2012
- Childish Gambino’s Camp November 10, 2011
- She & Him – “I Could’ve Been Your Girl” (Video) May 21, 2013
- Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City (Review) May 14, 2013
- Foxygen – No Destruction (Video) May 10, 2013
- WPGU’s Summer Playlist May 10, 2013
- The National – Sea Of Love (Video) May 8, 2013
- David Christians: "the same National that we have come to know and ...
- Townie: Yes, Yes, Yes wasn't their first effort... rememb...
- Carte R4 3DS: I am so grateful for your post.Thanks Again....
- Linda Richardson: You Rock Joe!...
- Recap: The Great Cover Up 2013 - Pizza.fm: [...] **Note: This recap only covers Days 2-4. If ...