Welcome to buzz’s new feature, “A Quickie With…”, which will provide an outlet to highlight a different local act each week that is doing something particularly interesting. This week, Urbana’s very own Angie Heaton lays it all on the line as usual as she talks about her live outdoor performance at the Boneyard Arts Festival this Friday.
1. What do you think about the Boneyard Arts Festival and the opportunity that it provides to different artists?
I think it is a great opportunity for local artists to showcase their talent to everyone that attends. It is a very beautiful thing when this community comes together to celebrate art and to give artists of all types the opportunity to share themselves and their work with the people who live and work here.
2. Have you ever played/attended this festival before, and if so, what was your experience like?
I have not ever had the opportunity to play or be involved in the festival, but I am very excited to play this year!
3. Is there anything in particular that you are interested in seeing at the festival?
I’m really looking forward to seeing the art and music. I love to discover new artists that I find interesting. Some local artists I really enjoy, and hope to see their work are Baub Alred, Rebecca Plummer Rohloff, Cindy and Kirby Pringle, to name a few.
4. What is your favorite part about playing outdoors?
I love to play outside! I like to do just about anything outside! It’s so refreshing, and just being able to share music in the open air is lovely!
5. When you play a live show, what do you hope people walk away with?
I hope that people walk away feeling “fed” in some way by what I have shared with them! There is nothing better than seeing someone play live, and when you leave, you feel “full.” Music is a great communicator. It truly transcends all boundaries.