Written by Eric Holmes I went into Unknown Mortal Orchestra’s newest effort with high expectations. How couldn’t I after falling in love with their sizzling psych-pop debut that was jam packed with effortless sounding grooves and catchy, complicated melodies? My attachment to their debut makes their new album, II, that much more frustrating, as there [...]
So, for the super bowl I was looking for some music to pump me up. I didn’t really care particularly for either team (If Alex Smith wasn’t on the side line I would be rooting for the 49ers). I still wanted to get pumped up. I mean it’s the frickin’ Super Bowl. So I put [...]
Written by Eric Holmes 1 – “Slow Burn” – Hudson Bell Hudson Bell is a band that I just recently discovered and I would be hard pressed to find another band that epitomizes my taste in music like them. Mixing fuzzy, distorted guitars with deceptively catchy vocal melodies, the whole album invokes a 90′s slacker [...]
- DJ Blog: This Day In Music History – R.E.M. November 17, 2011
- WPGU Presents: The Great Cover Up :Day 1: January 15, 2012
- Joe Pug pierces the soul in “The Great Despiser” May 4, 2012
- Alternative Election Day November 6, 2012
- Childish Gambino’s Camp November 10, 2011
- Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City (Review) May 14, 2013
- Foxygen – No Destruction (Video) May 10, 2013
- WPGU’s Summer Playlist May 10, 2013
- The National – Sea Of Love (Video) May 8, 2013
- Smith Westerns – Varisty (Video) May 8, 2013
- David Christians: "the same National that we have come to know and ...
- Townie: Yes, Yes, Yes wasn't their first effort... rememb...
- Carte R4 3DS: I am so grateful for your post.Thanks Again....
- Linda Richardson: You Rock Joe!...
- Recap: The Great Cover Up 2013 - Pizza.fm: [...] **Note: This recap only covers Days 2-4. If ...